Published on 7 July, 2022 | Frequently Asked Questions | 47 views | 1 minutes read
Does Hootmaps Track All Your Users?
Hootmaps captures the majority of user sessions through Heatmaps and Session Replays (Recordings). The amount of users tracked is dependent on the plan you are on. Although we do our best to track as much data as we possibly can, due to the specific browser settings of each user visiting your website, technical limitations, and possibly your current settings inside Hootmaps, it may not be possible to capture 100% of all your site visitors.
In most cases, the reason relates to the user's browser and/or local network setup, so it's beyond our ability to control. We listed some of the most common reasons why Hootmaps can't capture sessions.
Reason why a session was not captured
- The browser used is not supported by Hootmaps
- Cookies were disabled in the browser.
- The visitor has Do Not Track enabled in their browser.
- Your site was accessed in a private/incognito browsing mode. These often block cookies or tracking scripts by default.
- The visitor has disabled use of localStorage or sessionStorage in their browser.
- Browser plugins, extensions, or ad-block/privacy tools have blocked Hootmaps Tracking Code.
- Your site is being accessed from a private or public network that restricts access to Hootmaps' servers.
- Hootmaps WebSocket was blocked during their visit to your site.
- Network conditions such as loss of connectivity can cause data loss. If this happens, the user's session data may be discarded.